Sunday, February 14, 2010

Box 15

I visited my fieldsite in the afternoon. When I got into the building it was very warm and the lights seemed dim. I noticed the throwers were waiting on the wall for practice to start. The coaches were having a conversation until 3:00 came. The room was field with conversation and laughter while they went through their daily laps and exercise. I noticed how the helped each other get through the workout.
The throwers have their on section at the end of the track. Once the coach set up the throwing ring all the throwers got their weight and got in line to weight their turn. As they waited their turn some of them practice their technique and some just talk to each other. They each took about three throws a apiece and the coach had a private conversation with each of them after their throws.
I look at the tired faces after the hour and a half practice. When the coach gave them permission to leave you could see a facial expression of relief on their face because practice was finally over. Exicted to see what will happen in the next practice my mind is filled curiosity and wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment