What do you make of your experience?
This experience has taught me how to open my mind to new situations. I know that you can't live by what you were brought up to learn because sometimes people can be wrong. Never be afraid to learn new things. I I learned that it takes time to get someone to trust you and you have to be able to show them that you want to learn more about them. I learned that you have to ask questions if you want to find out information.
What is it like to be apart of your subculture's community?
Being apart of the the track and field throwers not only allowed me to meet new friends but made me feel like im not and outside anymore. I like coming around and they call me by my first name or the nicknames they have given me. It has really made me feel like im apart of their family. I have learned that you dont do things because of your appearance but because the love you have for it.
Describe the way you have represented them?
I showed how the girls are determined and love what they do. The paper will show the love they have for one another and how they strive to be the best they can be. It shows that women have the ability to do the same thing men are capable to do. I describe the obstacles they go through and how they overcome them. The paper not only shows the hardworking part of the girls but some of things they do outside of throwing. I also point out the stereotypes and if they are ethical or not.
Do you have the authority? Why or Why not?
I wouldnt say I have the authority to represent but I would say I have the ability. I have been knowing most of the team since track has started and once I started doing field notes and going to meets I have learned and seen alot about the girls. I have gotten to know some of their personal thoughts and have gladly learned many personalities. I can fully represent them to anyone and I know that they would agree.
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment