Monday, January 18, 2010
Box 1
In high school I belonged to many subcultures but the main two were cheerleading and being one of the honor students. It felt like I was living two different lives in school. In cheerleading I had to be peppy and smile all day even if I was mad because when you are a cheerleader you have to set an example for the student body. Everybody thought we were fun to hang around and pretty. Basically we were popular in the school. But being an honor student was very hard for me. Everybody expected so much from us. For example when we went to spell bowls n academic bowls they expected us to win all competions. We were labeled as the "smart kids". And since I was a cheerleader people knew me but as for the other kids they were labeled as "lames". I thought they were fun to be around. They were just like the rest of the people I hung around. If I had to choose between the two I would be a Cheerleader because most of the cheerleaders were my bestfriends and they still are to this day. I had fun at practice even though they were hard. I loved the drive and teamwork from the team. I also loved cheering. I never thought I would be a cheerleader because I was such a tomboy but I actually loved it. It taught me discipline and determination.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment